- what are cookies
- disabling (opting out of) cookie use
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
What are Cookies
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and interactions.
Cookies help us measure the effectiveness of our layout and content, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and give us insights into user behaviour so we can improve our communications and your experience of our website. The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
Google Analytics is a digital analytics tool that helps us gain a deeper understanding of how you and other visitors experience using our website. Google Analytics allows us to view a variety of reports and gives us insights to help make sure the site is meeting your needs and help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on kisanii.co.uk
- how long you spend on each kisanii.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
Opting out of Google Analytics
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
The list of Cookies we use
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit kisanii.co.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit kisanii.co.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|
|_utma||Like _ga, this lets us know if you’ve visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to kisanii.co.uk or to a certain page||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on kisanii.co.uk||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||This tells us how you reached kisanii.co.uk (for example from another website or a search engine)||6 months|
How do I disable Cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser so please review your browser’s help information for details of how to do this.
Below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Tap your “Settings” app
- Tap “Safari”
- Tap “Block Cookies”
- Tap “Always Block”
- 3rd Party Browsers:
It is not possible to block cookies in Firefox or Chrome for iOS due to restrictions placed on third-party browsers by Apple. If you use Firefox or Chrome on iOS and want to block cookies, you'll need to either browse in “Private Browsing” or” “Incognito Mode” or switch to Safari.
- Tap the “Chrome” menu button
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Site settings”
- Tap “Cookies”
- Tap the “Cookies slider” to toggle cookies off
- Tap the “Firefox” menu button
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Privacy”
- Tap “Cookies”
- Tap the “Disabled” to toggle cookies off
- Choose the “Safari menu”
- Choose “Preferences”
- Choose the “Privacy” tab
- Choose the “Always block” radio button
- Internet Explorer
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Choose the “privacy” tab
- Move the slider upwards to “Block All Cookies”
- Click the Chrome menu button
- Choose the Settings option
- Choose Show advanced settings or Advanced
- Choose Site Settings or Content settings
- Choose Cookies
- Choose the “Allow sites to save and read cookie data slider”. In older versions, select "Block sites from setting any data."
- Choose the Block third-party cookies box
- Click Remove All to delete all stored cookies
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Choose “Privacy”
- Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites”
Further information about cookies
You can find out more about cookies, including how to disable, enable or delete them, at the following websites:
- For a video about cookies visit google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
If you have any questions please contact us